Type your text
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
WEALD PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON THE 12th SEPTEMBER, 2012
PRESENT: Mrs R Wood (in the Chair), Mr G Davie, Mr D Marchant, Mrs C Beddoe, Mrs L Harris, Mrs J Mannering and Mr J Blackman.
In attendance was District Councillor Thorton, the clerk and several members of the public
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – there were none.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST – there was none.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 18th July, 2012 – the Minutes were accepted as an accurate record and were so acknowledged by the signature of the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING
(1) NEWS ON THE 402 The clerk advised that both KCC and Arriva had confirmed that the current 402 service will be continued to at least 2014. The Parish Council warmly welcomed this news and expressed their thanks to the 402 campaign group on a successful outcome.. The Parish Council urged members of the community to use the 402 so that its long term future can be secured.
(2) ANNUAL RETURN 2011/2012 The clerk reported that Annual Return for the financial year 1st April, 2011 to 31st March, 2012 had been approved by the Audit Commission.
(3) TREES ON THE HURST The clerk reported that legal proceedings have been opened against the Parish Council, Sevenoaks District Council and the Knole Estate claiming compensation for damages to Oakwood House on the Hurst caused by tree(s) situated on land leased to the Parish Council by Knole Estate. The Parish Council is being represented by lawyers appointed by the Parish Council’s insurers. The clerk reminded the Parish Council that damage has also been caused by trees to the neighbouring property, Southwood, which is also being dealt with by the Parish Council’s insurer.
(1) Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Countryside Day – Invitation to attend on 12th October, 2012 at Cobham, Nr Gravesend – circulated for information
(2) CPRE – Countryside Voice – Summer 2012 –circulated for information
(3) SDC – New Code of Conduct Training – 27th September, 2012 – the clerk to attend
(4) SDC – Draft Statement of Licensing Policy for the Gaming Act 2005 – Request for comments – circulated to members
(5) SDC – Community Governance Review – recommendations of Electoral Arrangements Committee were advised to members
(6) Allotments – the clerk advised that Mr Brian Jarvis is standing down as the Allotments Supervisor and that Mr Trevor Jee has agreed to take his place. The Parish Council expressed their great appreciate of Mr Jarvis’s service over more than 20 years and in recognition of this it was agreed that he should be presented with a gift. It was ageed that the clerk should suggest an appropriate gift to the Parish Council after checking with Mr Jarvis if he has any preferences.
A report on planning matters will be placed in the Minutes of the Meeting to be held on 14th November, 2012.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8.15 p.m.
7. PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
The Meeting resumed at 8.35 p.m.
8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Mr Davie reported on the on-going discussions with KCC and Weald Community Primary School on the proposed re-development and extension of the tennis courts in Wickhurst Road. The Parish Council remain “in principle” interested in part-funding this scheme but a lot of the details still need to be firmed up to the Parish Council’s satisfaction, including the extension of the Parish Council’s current lease of the land on which the tennis courts are sited.
Mr Blackman reported on the Recreation Ground. It was agreed that a dog bin should be installed, that the water leak in the road way up to the ground should be repaired and that trees overhanging the football pitch should be cut back. The clerk agreed to contact the Parish Council contractors.
Mr Marchant asked when work would be done on the War Memorial. The clerk confirmed that this work would be undertaken well ahead of Remembrance Sunday.
The Parish Council confirmed their interest in purchasing the Methodist Hall for the future use of the community. The feasibility of doing this will become clearer when the intentions and pricing expectations of the Methodist Church and their agents are
9. CHEQUES FOR SIGNATURE